Fancy a Mexican night? Try out this recipe with either chili bean sauce or chili sofrito sauce.
- Pork or chicken, diced (Approved Food Meat for a Week Hamper, £15)
- Santa Maria Guatemalan Smoky Chilli Bean Sauce 200g, 99p, RRP £1.80 Smoky_Chilli_Bean_Sauce
- Santa Maria Cuban Chilli Sofrito Sauce 200g, 99p, RRP£1.80 Cuban_Chilli_Sofrito_Sauce
- Peppers, diced (red, yellow, green)
- Coconut and Chilli Rice 250g, 99p, RRP £1.80
- Santa Maria Tortilla chips salted 185g, 99p, RRP £1.49 (optional) Tortilla_Chips
Heat 1 tbsp of cooking oil in a frying pan. Add 300g diced pork or chicken and the peppers and fry over high heat until well browned. Reduce the heat, add the contents of this sachet and stir well. Simmer for 2 minutes, or until fully cooked. Prepare the rice as described on the packet. Serve with rice and the tortilla chips.
Most importantly, make sure the food is piping hot before eating. *Leftover mixture can be frozen on the day but make sure it is fully cooled beforehand *.