Looking for some recipes ? Come no further, we have created 4 great recipes using our Approved Food Meat for a Week Hamper. Smoky Cajun Chicken, Smoky Sweet BBQ Sausages, Chilli Con Carne and Apple and Cider Pork Chops. Check them out here.
Smoky Cajun Chicken
Buy ingredients here: SmokyCajunChicken_Ingredients
- Homepride Sticky Smoky Cajun Cooking Sauce 200g (2 for £1.00, RRP £1.68)
- Chicken breasts (Approved Food Meat for a Week Hamper, £15.00)
- Salsa salad – red onion, red, yellow and green pepper, tomatoes, sweet corn, mango, avocado (Princes Mango Slices in Juice 432g 2 for £1.00, RRP £1.00)
Preheat the oven to 220°C / Fan 200°C / Gas Mark 7. Prepare a baking tray with foil. Bake the chicken breasts uncovered in an ovenproof dish for 25 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven and cover with the Smoky Cajun pouch. Cook for a further 10 minutes. Serve with a fresh salsa salad – cut up red onion, tomatoes, pepper and sweet corn and mix with a splash of olive oil and seasoning. Make sure the food is piping hot before serving. *Leftover chicken can be frozen but make sure it is fully cooled beforehand *.
Sweet BBQ sausages
Buy ingredients here: SweetBBQsausage_Ingredients
- Sausages (Approved Food Meat for a Week Hamper, £15.00)
- Homepride All American Kansas Smoky Sweet BBQ Sauce 200g (2 for £1.00, RRP £1.68)
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 115g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C fan, Gas Mark 6. Place the sausages into an ovenproof dish and cook for 25 minutes. Chop up the onions, mushrooms and pepper. Place into a bowl and add oil and seasoning. Add to a baking tray and cook for 30 minutes or untill soft but tender. Remove the sausages from the oven and add the sauce. Cook for a further 10-15 minutes. Make sure the food is piping hot before serving. *Leftover sausage mixture can be frozen but make sure it is fully cooled beforehand *.
Chilli Con Carne
Buy ingredients here: Chilli_Con_Carne_Ingredients
- Santa Maria Chilli Con Carne Smoked Paprika and Chipotle 370g, £1.49, RRP 32.00)
- Mincemeat (Approved Food Meat for a Week Hamper, £15)
- 1 Onion
- Pasta (Garofalo Candele 500g 2 for £1.50, RRP £1.99) Garofalo_Candele
- 1 tsp salt
- Cheese (optional)
Cut up the onion and fry in a little oil. When the onion is nearly cooked add the mincemeat and cook until browned over. While the meat cooks heat up a pan of salted water till boiling. Add the pasta and cook until soft but tender. Add the chilli con carne sauce to the meat and simmer on low for 10 minutes. When the pasta is done, drain. Plate up, add the pasta followed by the mincemeat. Top with cheese (optional). Make sure the food is piping hot before serving. *Leftover chilli mixture can be frozen but make sure it is fully cooled beforehand *.
Apple and Cider Pork Loin Steaks
Buy ingredients here: AppleandCiderPork_Ingredients
- Loyd Grossman Gastro Cooking Sauces Creamy Apple And Cider 330g (2 for £1.50, RRP £2.00)
- Pork Loin Steaks (Approved Food Meat for a Week Hamper, £15.00)
- Oil, fry
- Mash potato
Cut the pork loin steaks into strips and gently fry in a little oil for 3-5 minutes until browned. Add the sauce and simmer gently for 10 minutes or until the pork is cooked through. Serve with mash potato. Make sure the food is piping hot before serving. *Leftover pork can be frozen but make sure it is fully cooled beforehand *.