Start your weekend right with a chilli night with this chilli con carne recipe using a range of products sold at Approved Food.
Ingredients found here: Chilli_Night_Recipe
- 1 Onion
- Mincemeat (Approved Food meat hamper £15)
- Homepride Chilli Cooking Sauce 500g (2 for £1.50)
- Bonners Finest Chick Peas In Brine 400g (£1.49)
- Uncle Bens Wholegrain Rice 500g (2 for £2.00)
- Bonduelle Cut Green Beans in Water 400g (2 for £1.20) (optional)
Add sunflower oil to a frying pan on medium heat and add the onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally. Next, add the mincemeat to a pan and break up the meat using a spoon. Cook till browned over. Pour over the Homepride sauce and add the chickpeas. While the sauce cooks, cook the green beans in salted water and the rice as described on the packet.
Plate up: add the rice and pour over the chilli con carne sauce. Make sure the food is piping hot before serving. *Leftover chilli con carne can be frozen but make sure it is fully cooled beforehand *